- Population of the district as per 2011 Census is 4.24 lacs which represent 3.38% of the total population of the state. The district has experienced a decadal population growth rate of 7.73% as compared to 23.64% at the state level during 2001-2011. As per census 2011, the Rural population is 3.90 lacs and the urban population 0.34 lacs. Thus, about 91.98% population lives in rural areas. Child population (0-6 yrs) accounts for 16.98% of the total district population as compared to 16.01% for the state according to Census, 2011.
- The density of population of the district is 1051 persons per Sq. Km as compared to 124 persons for the state according to the Census figures of 2011.
- The sex ratio (number of females per thousand males) was worked out to 951 as against 889 for the state as a whole as per census 2011.
- The total working force of the district as per 2011 Census is 1.60 lac persons, forming 37.69% of the total population. Out of the total working force, 0.78 lac persons are Main workers and 0.82 lac persons are Marginal workers. Out of the main workers, 0.27 Lac persons (34.62%) are working as Cultivators, 0.09 lac (11.54%) as Agricultural laborers, 0.03 lac persons (3.84%) are engaged in Household industry and 0.39 lac persons (50%) are engaged in other works. Out of the total marginal workers, 0.42 Lac persons (51.22%) are working as Cultivators, 0.21 lac (25.61%) as Agricultural laborers, 0.04 lac persons (4.88%) are engaged in Household industry and 0.15 lac persons (18.29%) are engaged in other works.
- The level of literacy as per the Census 2011 is 59.23% against 67.16% for the state. The literacy rate is 69.59% in males and 48.49% in females.